WHISPER GATHERING 2019 FEEDBACK:
THREE THINGS I LIKED:
- The environment, place for the sessions. Peaceful. Conscious of getting closer to God and nature.The food and the joy of the people who served it. Most of all, the coordinator of the program – so special.
- Forgiveness bowl. Fellowship with others. Morning devotional with communion.
- Repentance time, communion, the time we had for fellowship.
- Glory in our midst – the God who sees. Meeting new ladies. The freedom in the flight of geese and their formation (heavenly air force)
- Worship, especially the hymns. Reading Scripture together and how what all we worked on was related. The environment and facility. To be able to see creation.
- All of it. Laughter. No set schedule – made it very relaxed.
- Allowing things and the Spirit to flow without looking at a clock. We do enough of that daily. The attitude of “no judgment here”. The teachings.
- Camaraderie of the group. Openness of the people. Love shown to eat other.
- Fellowship with Christian ladies. Study/explanation of Scripture. Music.
- Fire pit. Devotions by the lake. Meeting new friends in the smaller group setting.
- The flowers at the meal tables with conversation starters. The hands-on exercises (flower pots) that enable me to visualize Micah’s testimony.
- Skits from the tables. Everything was great!
- Worship. Bible study/application. Morning devotion before breakfast.
- Close to God area. I felt so loved!
TWO THINGS I LEARNED:
- Be more educated of the Bible, its contents. Not just reading but devouring the words and meanings of God’s Word. Devotions.
- A need in my life to have deeper study times. A need to be still and listen for God’s voice.
- Move past my brokenness. Steps of salvation.
- I can be bold even in my fear because He picks up where I’m weak.
- To slow down and take time to read my Bible and listen to God. How to (or ways t0) pray for other women and their hurts.
- Learned repentance – but in such a beautiful and sweet way.
- They argued on the Road to Emmaus. How to keep the “feelings” after you leave.
- People are more generous than I can imagine. Bring a blanket!
- Forgiveness,“Ask and you shall receive.” Comfort in Scripture.
- Luke 24 – I want to learn God’s Word as Brother Robbie and bring it to life. It’s very tiring to carry around the sins and very refreshing to lay them down.
- God doesn’t always do things the way I expected, and that’s okay because He has a better plan. Love is always the right choice.
- I’m not alone. God has freed me from some of my hurts and let me know Dwayne is going to be okay.
- I have a choice in how I respond to circumstances and people. Importance of Bible study.